After spending a relatively quiet long weekend. I spent some reflective time watching meaningful movies and such. I watched "And the Band Played On" once again. I wanted to really look at the gridlock those who fought to treat and cure AIDS had to go through. I grew up in a time where their were bath houses and a YMCA I didn't understand what they were or had become until much later. I found it painful to see those lost in the ego fighting and denial of what was an epidemic. I remember hearing some large and in charge folks saying things that hurt my heart. I thought that a disease was just that a disease and working towards a cure should be everybody goals.., but until it spread out among the straight, the sickly and those with a voice that could not be silenced, the media, those in charge, just ignored, ignored all those people dying and withering away. As a Vogue subscriber and fashionista before the word, I knew every designer and photog, when they started mystery dying, I'm scrolling through my magazine every other month, he died, they died. Where was the compassion, the concern, the care? I waiting for the news announcement that something was wrong, it came late, too late for so many, where was the love? I watched the community gather up and take care of themselves and fight and fight for treatment and a cure. Where has our compassion as a group of people gone? Why is their so much hatred? Why does everyone suddenly feel they are the judge no need for a jury, I am ALL, everyone else and their feelings no longer matter. That is no Christianity I know or have read about. Would it not be better to love each and other and live, and be the change we want to see. I can't worry about what everybody is doing if I have things in my life that need work. I feel like an Isley brother song " I've got work to do" and the only person I need to work on is me, my straight life has enough action and adventure and I'm trying to stay on my path and I can't be watching how you stepping, lest I trip and fall myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Aftermath of a Incident of Pain

Surprises

IT WAS A GOOD WEEKEND